Re: gdm

>>>>> "Nathan" == Smith, Nathan A , Capt <smithna@Comanche.plk.af.mil> writes:

Nathan> 1.  Has the background options been coded yet?

I'm working on it right now. With a little luck I'll be checking it in
tonight.

Basically pre-/post-scripts are trivial to do, and I have deliberately
left them out until the core was stable to avoid clutter.

Nathan> 2.  How do you add users - I am only getting root right now
Nathan>     (Raster was mightly upset with someone for running as root
Nathan>     - I don't want to be next!!)

gdmgreeter automagically adds icons for all users on the machine with
a valid shell. If your regular users do not show up you should check
/etc/shells.

Nathan> I also like to comment that using gtk-themes with gdm causes
Nathan> the gdmgreeter to crash.  It doesn't like the theme engine.  I
Nathan> will research that further (I reported this before, but
Nathan> haven't had time to really look at it)

Hmmm. I haven't played with themes yet. I'll have a look.

--
Martin Kasper Petersen			BOFH, IC1&2, Aalborg University, DK
mailto:mkp@SunSITE.auc.dk		http://www.socsci.auc.dk/~mkp/