Re: gdm

Thanks for the reply,

I have just a small question - how does /etc/shells determine what users I
have on my system.  I checked both the shells files (it just has a list of
all the shells on the system) and my passwd file, which looks ok (all the
users look very similar to the root account and root does show up, but
none of the rest do).  I would really appreciate your help.  Thanks

NASA