Re: Gnome success report, optimized compiling

>Have you compiled gimp as such also? It really flies too...

No, I haven't had the time to compile that big one ;) The linux kernel
2.1.125 had higher priority...

>I compiled w/ optimizations about a week ago, and I had the same results,
>I didnt compile with so many, just -06 -mpentium, and it made a big
>difference compared to -02's speed.

Hmm... did you use gcc or egcs? I read, after compiling with egcs, that
it's not a good idea to use > -O2 because of bugs in egcs... it seems to
work fine though...

/Richard