Re: Gnome success report, optimized compiling

I just tried it with the new glib -- I left out most of the '-f'
optimizations you had in, but from the default I took out -g and put in
optimizations for pentiumpro (I have a K6).  I haven't tried any programs
yet to see if its faster, but I did notice that the old
libglib-1.1.so.4.0.0 is 297k, whereas the new, optimized one is only 136k.
Is that just because I disabled debugging, or would a well-configured egcs
really produce a lib that's that much smaller?

--
 Soren Harward <soren@cinternet.net> | Windows DOES come with a tool
 http://www.cinternet.net/~soren/    | to restore a corrupt Registry.