Re: X

At 01:26 PM 10/7/98 -0700, you wrote:
>On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Magnus wrote:
>
>> This question is not really about gnome but since I can't think of any
>> other place to ask..
>>
>> When I run the configure script for applications that needs X (such as
>> AfterStep) it looks for X but does not find it in /usr/X11R6. That is a
>> ltitle weird considering that it is that directory. Do I have to add the
>> path for X to some conf file that I don't know about? If anyone can help
>> I\ll be very happy :)
>
>do you have the x-devel stuff installed? (probably called XFree86-devel in
>redhat systems). You might not have the headers installed...

The XFree version that is included with the Slackware distribution is not
compatible with ATI cards so I had to download a newer version to get new
servers. For some reason not all of the libs and headers were included
(yes, I downloaded the libs file). I solved this by installing the version
from the CD but I kept the servers from the newer version.. Everything
works fine now except for gnome-media, gnome-admin, gnome-utils and
gnumeric (see the Slackware thread)

Magnus

aginor@IRC  aginor@wanfear.com  www.wanfear.com/~aginor

  have no fear, just a figment of your E-Mail client