Re: X

Hi

On Wed, Oct 07, 1998 at 09:20:13AM +0200, Magnus wrote:
> This question is not really about gnome but since I can't think of any
> other place to ask..

What about a X related newsgroup comp.os.linux.X
or something like this!

> When I run the configure script for applications that needs X (such as
> AfterStep) it looks for X but does not find it in /usr/X11R6. That is a
> ltitle weird considering that it is that directory. Do I have to add the
> path for X to some conf file that I don't know about? If anyone can help
> I\ll be very happy :)
Are you sure that you installed the development part of X.
There must be some header files (*.h) under /usr/X11R6/include/X11
and some libs under /usr/X11R6/lib.

If you are using Linux:
Most distributions offer something like xdevel (Suse)
or under debian you must have xlib6g-dev installed.

Hope it helps,

Philipp

--
      Ph. Grau <phgrau@wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de> Technische FH Wildau