memory leaks?

I've noticed some memory leaks with changing views in gnome-mdi: if you
keep changing
views (which causes menu items to be removed and added), the memory
consumption keeps
growing, although the code seems OK: I am freeing everything I've
allocated and the menu
items are gtk_container_remove()ed, which unrefs and (since they are not
referenced
anymore) destroys them. At first I thought it was an mdi bug, but I've
noticed the same
behavior in gnumeric if you open and close new toplevel windows.
can someone explain this? is it, perhaps, gtk's fault (or feature)?

regards,
	jaKa

--
email: jaka.mocnik@kiss.uni-lj.si