Re: Please help! Background, key, mouse properties don't work (also , menu editing)

It is pretty perplexing.  I assume all of us are running the 0.30
'stable' libraries?  If I recall, *-properties worked correctly for me
in an earlier (0.27 i think) ... I'm considering downgrading just to get
back into a more usable state.  I'm trying not to bitch because I know
the GNOME is beta-level (at best) software.  I wonder if (trying to)
compile some of the latest libs would help, but I'm not even sure where
to start.  Gdk 1.1?  Gtk? both? neither? could the problem be in
gnome-control-center itself, rather than the libraries?  These are just
some musings ... I would love to figure out this problem...

I used to use KDE, then I switched back to a regular old IceWM desktop
because of all the glitches and headaches with the KDE window manager.
Happily I can still use KDE (and Gnome) apps on my current desktop.  I
like IceWM... I'm afraid to make the switch to Window Maker because of
suspected bloat factor.  KDE was major bloat factor, Gnome less bad.  I
hope it doesn't go there.

fare the well,
---Preston