Re: Please help! Background, key, mouse properties don't work (also , menu editing)

edhill@photon.sph.unc.edu writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> Ok, to clarify my situation, i'm having similar problems.  For me, the
> keyboard- and mouse-properties programs seem to work, but
> background-properties doesn't--it hangs just as Preston describes...
>
> In addition, i can access and change the mouse and keyboard settings
> within the "Gnome control center" but there are no other settings
> entries--no place for me to view/change backgrounds.  It seems to make
> no difference so i commented-out all the *-properties programs from my
> ~/.xinitrc file...
>
> Can anyone provide the skinny on the *-properties situation?
>
> Many thanks from a new Gnome user and fan!!!

I think there should come a FAQ for this item, because i have exactly
the same problems and i either don't have a clue how to solve it.....

--
Arjan Scherpenisse,

mailto:arjan@nemesis.coal.nl
http://www.coal.nl/arjan
pgp: 59 19 84 96 DA E3 2D 3B  35 46 56 84 B6 AE 97 93