Re: Slightly Off Topic: GPL'ed Encyclopedia ?

Kate wrote:
>  I can also imagine that there would likely be a massive imbalance in
> content - much more techy stuff, say than literatute, but then again, it's
> like that most of it's users would also be more techy than average...

This is not necessarily so, in the case of literature at least :)  As a
literature student (that's right--gnome use has reached the humanities
types) I have become aware that many proffessors of literature (and
other authorities in this area) are either flaming leftists or muddle
headed idealists.  Either category of dolts could be easily tricked into
submitting articles to a free encyclopedia.  I'm not sure to what extent
this applies to other "non-techy" subjects, but I don't think balance
would be the principal obstacle to a useable free encyclopedia.
Consistancy may be the tallest hurdle.

Dave