How can I get rid of this 'sigsegv' ?

Junichi Saito writes:
 > 'sigsegv' seems to be definitely installed on my system with the recent
 > gtk+. I can't run any more gnome-help browser without getting the
 > following error ( it's invariable, always the same):
 >
 > Gdk-Message:
 > ** ERROR **: sigsegv caught
 >
 > Dose anybody have an idea of what can trigger this 'sigsegv' ?

There has long been a bug in the gnome-help-browser in which it passes
a null pointer to a gtk function. I think you must have configured
glib with the '--enable_debug="no"' option. If you remove this option
then the glib debug code will catch the bug and print out:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 3413 (gtk_widget_get_parent_window):
assertion `widget->parent != NULL' failed.

rather than generating a seg fault.

However, this may not solve your problems with the gnome-help-browser
as it seems to be hanging on my system at the moment.

Felix