Re: How do you save your panel?

+----- From: Maury Merkin <merkin@his.com>
| How do you save your gnome configuration?
| Mostly I'm concerned about the "panel."  Each time I start gnome-session
| I get the original "panel."  (Empty except for the clock and the
| footprint.)  So I add the applets and apps I want on it and then I
| eventually shut down my X session and expect my personalized panel to
+--->8

How do you shut down the session?

panel doesn't appear to save everything unless you use its "Log out" menu
entry (or launcher, etc.) to do it.  Note that "Log out" won't actually log
you out or kill the X session unless panel is the application that .xinitrc/
.xsession is waiting on.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu