Re: checking out and updating

Tri <merlintm@atlnet.com> writes:
> I was just wondering, but what commands are you using to checkout and
> update the files from the CVS? I use: cvs -z3 checkout [module] and cvs
> -z3 -dP update.

That should probably read `cvs -z3 update -dP'.  The same option usually
mean different things if applied to the main `cvs' command and if
applied to a sub-command.

> Sometimes the update causes the source to become broken (won't
> compile).

That is usually not a problem with CVS itself, but with the development
cycle -- you occasionally get broken sources, and it is fixed soon,
too.  The only effect of using AnonCVS is that everyone gets to play
with highly unstable programs, not just the developers.  Since you
volunteered yourself to test these unstable programs, you get to deal
with the occasional problems.

> And another thing, if cvs is interupted in the middle of a checkout,
> should I delete the partially downloaded directory and start over or
> can I just run checkout again and it will find it's place.

You can just run checkout again.  Or, you can cd into that directory and
`cvs -z3 update -dP'.

- Hari