Re: your mail

Marcus Brubaker <spoon@elpaso.net> writes:
> On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, pqbon wrote:
> > There are no idl files... the idl files make the .h files. The .h files are
> > out of date.

As I already said, the IDL files are in gnome-core/idl/.

> Sorry about that, I was a little bit out of it.  You're best bet is to
> just delete your gnome-core tree and get a fresh copy,

That should almost never be an option.  CVS is quite robust, and you can
recover conflicting files just by deleting those files.  If a file
doesn't get changed w/ `cvs update -d -P', why do you think it'll change
with `cvs checkout'?

I will concede that doing

	cd /path/to/gnome-libs
	cd ..
	cvs -d `cat gnome-libs/CVS/Root` get gnome-libs

is useful once in a while, if you're sure a new virtual subdir has been
added to `gnome-libs' (you can find out by looking at CVSROOT/modules).
Still, even this doesn't involve deleted the whole damn thing and
re-fetching it.

- Hari