Re: gnome developer docs - not sgml

On Tue, Nov 03, 1998 at 09:15:21AM -0600, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Brandon S. Allbery wrote:
> > I'm not talking about libraries.
> >
> > ORBit has broken once or twice when built without indent, and it doesn't like
> > non-GNU indent.  Likewise, packages tend to acquire an implicit dependency on
> > GNU versions of programs --- they *do* get fixed, but it tends to happen in
> > such a way as to indicate that people aren't thinking about non-GNU systems
> > when they make changes.
> >

> This is stupid. Bugs creep in. Like most Gnome developers, I have no
> Solaris box, so I can't test compiles on one. I have at least used Solaris

what about a official test program, id est at least once a week, someone with
some alternate OS (i volunteer for solaris) makes a CVS checkout, and builds
everything anew. and then sends comment and other stuff to the list (a specific
		list would be nice for that like requested already some time ago)

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER