Re: Mouse wheel movement

Gary V. Vaughan wrote:

> Yes please, I imagine this is actually a gtk+ question -- I think that
> it should be quite easy for a gtk guru to add the necessary widget
> support for vertical scrolling on b4/b5, which would then be inherited
> by all gtk apps... alternatively, it may be desirable to add a
> mouse-wheel aware scrolled widget to libgnomeui in the first instance.

Well, I just had a look at
http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/#gtk and it looks
like somebody is already submitting patches to gtk-dev for wheel
support.

Uppon further investigation of my own problem:  the wheel does work fine
sometimes.  Sometimes (after the machine has been unused in X for a
while) it stops working.  Restarting X(Free86) fixes this.  Anybody have
any clue?  I do see some errors on the console (don't have one handy
now), but I think these may mostly be related to the xscreensaver /
powersave monitor stuff (which is another thing that works sometimes and
not others).  Are the two related?

Nate Thompson
nate@thebog.ml.org