Re: Mouse wheel movement

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Nate Thompson wrote:

> Uppon further investigation of my own problem:  the wheel does work fine
> sometimes.  Sometimes (after the machine has been unused in X for a
> while) it stops working.  Restarting X(Free86) fixes this.  Anybody have
> any clue?  I do see some errors on the console (don't have one handy
> now), but I think these may mostly be related to the xscreensaver /
> powersave monitor stuff (which is another thing that works sometimes and
> not others).  Are the two related?

Does your mouse work at all when this happens?  If so, then do the following
in an xterm:

% cat /proc/interrupts
(move the wheel, but not the mouse)
% cat /proc/interrupts

Do you see interrupts increasing on that serial port?  If so, then
(ugh) add some debug print statements to X and recompile and run it.
Standard routine for tracking this stuff down.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net