Re: Mouse wheel movement

> So I have just recently purchased a Logitech wheel mouse.

Cool.  I have a Genius NetMouse with a thumb button too!

> I set it up in X[[Free86?]] by mapping the wheel movements to Btn4
> and Btn5.  I then placed in ~/.Xdefaults sections for Netscape,
> Athena, Xterm, etc. button 4 and button 5 translations.  This all
> worked quite well [[snip]].

Same here.

> Now that I successfully have gnome-session running the wheel doesn't
> respond properly (actually, it doesn't respond at all).  What do I
> need to change?

All five of my buttons work correctly under my (admittedly, quite old)
gnome installation... although none of the gnomee apps themselves seem
to support the extra buttons.

> This also brings up the question:  can we add wheel support in the
> control-center / throughout Gnome?

Yes please, I imagine this is actually a gtk+ question -- I think that
it should be quite easy for a gtk guru to add the necessary widget
support for vertical scrolling on b4/b5, which would then be inherited
by all gtk apps... alternatively, it may be desirable to add a
mouse-wheel aware scrolled widget to libgnomeui in the first instance.

Cheers,
	Gary V. Vaughan