Re: gnome developer docs - not sgml

In message <Pine.HPX.4.00.9811021319070.3502-100000@mordor.clayton.edu>, Dan Ne
wcombe writes:
+-----
| The next, and hardest part is finding all the gnu stuff which everyone
| else uses, such as autogen/autoconf, m4, and all of the libraries which
| comes with most Linux distributions (ie libtiff, libjpeg...)
|
| The upside is once you do this once, you are set and should be in a much
| better position to compile anything else out there.
+--->8

Except that ORBit tends not to build properly if you don't have the GNU
version of indent, and various other things silently assume that you have GNU
sh-tools and GNU file-tools and GNU binutils and etc., etc., etc.

It's easiest to assume that you need to run a GNU system with a Solaris kernel
if you want to build on "Solaris".  I assume similar applies to HP/UX.