Re: Mouse wheel movement

"Gary V. Vaughan" <gvaughan@oranda.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Yes please, I imagine this is actually a gtk+ question -- I think
> that it should be quite easy for a gtk guru to add the necessary
> widget support for vertical scrolling on b4/b5, which would then be
> inherited by all gtk apps... alternatively, it may be desirable to
> add a mouse-wheel aware scrolled widget to libgnomeui in the first
> instance.

I had a quick look at this a few months ago, but I don't know gtk+
very well, so perhaps I completely missed what was going on.  In any
case, I didn't get very far.

A cursory reading of the text widget, for example, suggests that it
gets all of the button events (and ignores any that aren't 1, 2 or 3).
That suggested to me that I'd need to add wheel mouse support to this
widget, and, by extension, to all other potentially scrollable
widgets.

I hope I misunderstood the event mechanism, though.  The behaviour
looked horribly hard-coded to me.  (I'm more used to Tk, where you can
change arbitrary event bindings at run-time, and adding wheel support
for particular widgets wasn't hard at all.)