Re: Another USER report

On 30 May, John Ellis wrote:
> The clockmail applet has been updated, you can now specify your mailbox
> in the properties dialog. (It defaults to the "MAIL" environment variable).
>
> The ppp dialer appears to be hardcoded to to run pppon and pppoff. The
> modemlights applet now has dial capabilities, so try that. And you can
> specify your (dis)connect commands in the modemlights properties dialog.
>
> The most current versions of these programs are in the CVS, and should be
> in the next snapshot.

Thanks! I wasn't expecting anything so prompt.

Sounds like I'll go digging next week. My May allotment of time is
almost up - I've used 9.4 of my 10 hours/month as of yesterday. I've
cut leafnode and wwwoffle out of ip-up until Monday.

Since I'm on the cheap plan, and cheap by nature, I do a ton of stuff
in ip-up, and usually have the link shut itself down afterward.

Is there a way to write up simple, scripted thingies, and have them
appear as applets? I'm not sure what differentiates an applet from
an application. I know there are gtk bindings to several script
languages.

Thanks again,
Dale Pontius