Re: Another USER report

Dale Pontius writes:
>I've found some sort of 'PPP Dialer' applet, but it's far from intuitive
>how to configure the silly thing. Currently it does nothing. I have the
>clock/mail applet on the panel, but don't know how to tell it where my
>mailbox is. ($HOME/mail/inbox, not /var/spool/mail/$USER) Plus I
>wouldn't mind having a second mail indicator to show the staus of my
>mail list mailboxes. (All in one, preferably)

The clockmail applet has been updated, you can now specify your mailbox
in the properties dialog. (It defaults to the "MAIL" environment variable).

The ppp dialer appears to be hardcoded to to run pppon and pppoff. The
modemlights applet now has dial capabilities, so try that. And you can
specify your (dis)connect commands in the modemlights properties dialog.

The most current versions of these programs are in the CVS, and should be
in the next snapshot.

John

--
John Ellis <gqview@geocities.com>