UI Problems with many gnome programs

A couple of problems I've seen with many gnome programs that
detract from the usability of programs:

 * Delete button doesn't work.

     Windows should tell the window manager they handle WM_DELETE if it
     makes sense for the user to be able to close the window, and if
     they tell the window manager they handle it, they should actually
     do something when they get the delete message.

     The problems I've seen have been windows setting WM_DELETE but
     ignoring the message.

 * Window is resizable but contents don't resize

     gnome-linuxconf is particularly annoying here.  The window
     manager is told that the window is resizable, the window looks
     cramped, but if you resize it, everything stays in the same place.

If you're working on a gnome program, and you feel like it's nearly
completed, please check these things.  (Try resizing and deleting
windows.)

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu