Re: JAVA in Gnome?

Bertrand Guiheneuf <Bertrand.Guiheneuf@inria.fr> writes:

> Many people recognized that one of the best quality of gnome was the support
> to multiple langages. But If I am not sure there is a Jav VM in gnome,
> how can I write apps in java for Gnome?
>
> So the question is, who decides if gnome apps can be written in Java?

You don't bundle gcc with gnome? Or guile? or TOM? or Perl? Or any
other language you can use?

You don't need to include a Virtual Machine or Compiler. What you need
for a "gnome compatible language" is the language specific glue code
(In the case of JAVA this woud be a native funktion interface I think
and a bunch of classes)

Regards,
	jtl