Re: idl and gnome-core

On 27 May 1998, Tom Tromey wrote:

> I've always expected most users (once we get an actual release out)
> will grab binary releases and not source releases.

Very true.  I still prefer to grab ready-to-run binary rpms to
complied-on-my-own source ones.  If we are going to market gnome/linux as
a viable competitor to other os-es, the finished binaries are WAY more
important.  Who ever bothers to download/configure/compile the source
to any Windows or Mac apps (let alone having the resources to built a 200
meg package in under a week anyway)?

|                  Soren Harward                  |
|Assistant Sysadmin/Tech Support - Cinternet, Inc.|
|   Voice: 891-1228         soren@cinternet.net   |
|Windows 95/98 DOES come with a tool that lets you|
|rebuild a corrupted Registry.  It's called FDISK.|