Some Problems.

Hello!
I am very new in Gnome.
I install Gnome only once, from precompiled rpms.
And it is very unstable.
There are some problems:
1) No window title (I had write before)
2) ghex crash on start (GnomeMDI error)
3) applets from panel don't kills after logout.
(I am login as root and use panel with applets. Then I make logout and login
as other user. And when I run top, I see the root's applets in the processes
list 8-0 )
4) And many, many other...
I think, what problem in me, because, other peoples , I hope, have not this
problems.
I have some questions to the Gnome people:
1) Is downloading sources and compile gnome myself better  downloading
precompiled rpms?
2) I have not access to cvs. Can I normally compile source rpms from
ftp.labs.redhat.com?
3) How much disk space needed for compiling Gnome ( I have only about 40 Mb.
free disk space).
4) The Gnome is in the developments stage. So, sometimes newest snapshot may
be is not better snapshot (more unstable then previous) But release of Gnome
(0.13) is very old. May be it will be better to make Gnome releases often,
will not it?

Also I have some problems, but I don't known, is it bugs or is it features,
or is it not implemented yet:
1) I can not use koi8 fonts with Gnome applications (Gedit for example). It
is a very big problem for me, because I can not work with russian texts.
2) Backgound-properties does not automatically restored in next login.
For restoring properties I must run background properties and set Apply.
(I run gnome-session in start of windows session).
3) The start of any Gnome application is very slow... (I have Cyrix-200 & 32
Mb RAM)

Oh, a lot for one letter... :( I used KDE before it, but I want to use Gnome,
because I use wxWindows library for my work (new version of wxWindows use
gtk), and because... (see Gnome FAQ). But now it is very unusable for me. I
think that without stable working of Base Gnome application (panel, gmc,
gedit, help-browser) Gnome has not future :(
I am understand, what it is only alpha versions, but I think, what these
programs must have high priority in Gnome development. And I want to help in
it.

Also, I has a last question to Gnome developers. Is bug-track base actively
used? May be I must send all these errors to this bug-track base, not to the
list?

P.S. Sorry for bad English.

Best Regards.
Alexey Kakunin.