Re: gnome based spreadsheet anyone ?

In article <35686F5B.B518A93B@pdq.net>,
	redline@pdq.net (Max) writes:
> Rob Browning wrote:
>
>> timt@iaehv.nl (Tim T.) writes:
>>
>> >     Now Xspread, while more than adequate for my needs is rather old,
>> >     and I've been looking with envy at some of the fancy spreadsheets
>> >     my colleagues are using.

   Funny that: I've not seen the original here.. That is to say,
   before anybody starts wondering, my mail2news gateway hasn't thrown
   up the original yet.

>> I think it's been mentioned before, but there are several other
>> projects.  I'd tend to favor SIAG, but that's because I'm a serious
>> Scheme advocate.
>
> I think SIAG is the one. Why? Well, there is already a gtk port of SIAG.
> As mentioned, it does use GNOME's preferred scripting/extension language
> (Scheme), and also has a word processor and a nice animation package. Plus
> it builds with a couple of different widget sets, so it is probably pretty
> portable.

  Hmm.. I'm not a scheme expert, but I guess I could learn. Where can
  I find SIAG, so I can have a look at it ?

	TimT.

 timt@dibbler.iaehv.nl        Voodoo Programmer/Keeper of the Rubber Chicken
If it saves just one life...enslaving you was worth it.