Re: gnome based spreadsheet anyone ?

Rob Browning wrote:

> timt@iaehv.nl (Tim T.) writes:
>
> >     Now Xspread, while more than adequate for my needs is rather old,
> >     and I've been looking with envy at some of the fancy spreadsheets
> >     my colleagues are using.
>
> I think it's been mentioned before, but there are several other
> projects.  I'd tend to favor SIAG, but that's because I'm a serious
> Scheme advocate.

I think SIAG is the one. Why? Well, there is already a gtk port of SIAG.
As mentioned, it does use GNOME's preferred scripting/extension language
(Scheme), and also has a word processor and a nice animation package. Plus
it builds with a couple of different widget sets, so it is probably pretty
portable.