A few new applets

Hi,

I would like to announce more applets for the gnome panel.
Over the next few days, they will be added to gnome-core. It would be
really nice if someone could work on getting applets to compile outside
of gnome-core. We should not be bloating the basic system with all these
applets, but moving some of the "non-essential" ones into a group of their
own, such as gnome-applets or gnome-extras.

For now you can get the source here:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/5235/rest-soft.html

The mp3 player is alpha (but doesn't crash for me), the Drivemount
and Clockmail applets should work fine.

Oh, and an update on the Modemlights applet:
I had a look at a dockable app for WindowMaker called wmppp,
and it gave me a few ideas. Could someone with an ISDN line
try it and see if it works for them? It does not need WindowMaker
to run. It's at:

http://windowmaker.mezaway.org/wmppp.html

John

--