Re: WM Question

I doubt we are biased towards enlightenment ...  I'll probably never use
E .... I'm more biased towards fvwm2 and wmx :)

> So until the GNOME developers decide to explain what services GNOME requires
> from a window manager and what services it can provide back, there's nothing
> I as a professional programmer can do to help them wrt. WindowMaker.  And the
> current core WindowMaker developer shares this same opinion also.  We cannot
> assist when we're left out in the dark.

it's actually fairly simple

we are not WM people ... so we said ... "WM writers, come with a set of
nice hints we can use" ... the icewm guy did and is implementing them
already ... I think thsoe hints are fairly good and you guys should go
ahead and talk about them ... basically what we want is for you guys to
make it possible to control window manager stuff through hints ... I
don't think we'd be right in forcing some set of hints we come up with
... it's up to you guys to do that .. and we'll comment on it ...

I think it was mentioned we need capabilities for icon stuff, to make
panel behave sanely ... and control the pager .. etc ... etc ....
anything you can come up with

the other thing is session managment and we have been pretty firm in that
I think

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: