Re: Debian installation of gnome?

robert havoc pennington wrote:
> I wish there was a Debian maintainer. With Gnome and the Debian files in
> CVS, perhaps there could be different maintainers for different parts of
> Gnome to share the load. How much time would it take to figure out how to
> package something like Gnome?
There is one. Jim Pick maintains the packages. This is a very difficult task
though. AFAIK, he has packaged mico and has snapshot packages of almost all
of gnome. I have gnome-graphics myself but working out a way to allow
snapshots and stable bits is difficult. It would help if gnome were to produce
(almost) stable releases.

Luis
--
Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@cogs.susx.ac.uk>
PGP Fingerprint = F8 B1 13 DE 22 22 94 A1  14 BE 95 8E 49 39 78 76