Re: Installing Gnome, we need a tutorial (and I'm volunteering)

On Mon, May 18, 1998 at 06:35:50AM +0200, Mark Galassi wrote:

>     Stephanos> On Sun, 17 May 1998, The Doctor What wrote:
>     >> I'd like to add that you should add a section on installing the
>     >> DocBook DTD and related toys...err...tools.
>
>     Stephanos> Uhmm, well, I haven't done that, so I'll have to figure
>     Stephanos> it out first, but it's doable. But I think it's more of
>     Stephanos> a development issue, not a user issue.  If you're not
>     Stephanos> going to write any help files, you don't need the SGML
>     Stephanos> tools.  At least I think so.
>
> The instructions for the DocBook stuff are in
> http://nis-www.lanl.gov/~rosalia/mydocs/docbook-intro.sgml (is this
> linked to the web page?)
>
> But as Stephanos says, you don't need them yet because until they are
> ubiquitous we are also adding the html output to the CVS repository.

I think I was not clear enough.  I think that we should add a section
describes how to install the DocBook DTD and how to compile (is this
the right word?) the .sgml files to HTML or DVI or PS or something
readable.

Right now, I cannot get the DocBook tools to work. And since I'm a
developer-wannabe, reading the developer docs and such included in
the CVS gnome-lib/doc is of interest to me.

I assume that the URL above is for WRITING DocBooks.  I haven't
gotten that far yet. :)

Thanks for the help you have given, tho. :)

Ciao!
docwhat@gerf.org