Re: gtk icewm?

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > when comparing menu popup speeds to say, gtk.. but IMO icewm is
> > currently too win95ish for Gnome.
>
> I believe that arguing on the basis of how similar something is to
> Windows 95 is wrong.  We should be basing our arguments on the
> capabilities and the benefits.
>
> For example, what is wrong with Windows 95 user interface?  Lets focus
> on fixing those problems, not on dismissing any feature because it
> happens to be present on Windows 95.

that's not what i was getting at. personally, i hate insults of fvwm95,
Qt's UI, and the like.. i'm pointing out that gtk's button drawing and
menu code could be used instead of icewm's built in toolkit. it would be a
more "standard" feel for the whole desktop. and no, i'm not putting down
the taskbar or even the little "Start"-like menu. if they were as
configurable as the gnome panel, they'd be excellent.
|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |