Re: Compiling mc: libgnomeui.so: undefined reference to `dgettext'
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey cygnus com>
- To: John R Sheets <dusk smsi-roman com>
- Cc: Stephanos Piperoglou <sp249 cam ac uk>, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Compiling mc: libgnomeui.so: undefined reference to `dgettext'
- Date: 17 May 1998 17:38:58 -0600
John> I got this error too, when compiling gnome-core/gemvt. I
John> believe my version of gnome-core dates back to 5/8/98. What
John> does dgettext do, anyway?
You get this error because gemvt has its own configure script, but
doesn't do the right thing wrt the intl libraries.
I personally think that since gemvt isn't being maintained, and since
gnome-terminal exists and is actively maintained, that we should just
dgettext is a function that looks up a string in a translation
database. It differs from the gettext function in that it lets the
caller explicitly specify the translation domain, whereas gettext uses
the default domain (as set by the textdomain function).
] [Thread Prev