Compiling mc: libgnomeui.so: undefined reference to `dgettext'

With a snapshot of today's CVS source of mc:

It compiles OK, but when it tries to link the gmc binary, I get the
following:

/usr/local/lib/libgnomeui.so: undefined reference to `dgettext'
make[2]: *** [mx] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sp249/GNOME/mc/gnome'
make[1]: *** [gmc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sp249/GNOME/mc/gnome'
make: *** [all] Error 1

Yes, gettext is installed on my system. I also have today's gnome-libs
compiled & installed (and yes, I've run ldconfig).

-- Stephanos Piperoglou -- sp249@cam.ac.uk -------------------
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of `true'.
                         - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
------------------------- http://www.thor.cam.ac.uk/~sp249/ --