Re: Re[1]: Telnet app

> Every time I move to a new environment, there is a different shell
> script "rxterm" written by yet someone else in bash, perl, and what
> not.  If gnome-terminal could take a "-host <host>" flag, and then
> either start a shell, an rsh or telnet, or exec rsh -e <...> based on
> the current environment, that would be handy.  This would let you have
> one command that "did the right thing" no matter whose host you were
> on.

This would be better done in a script.  Just call gnome-terminal
with arguments like

gnome-terminal --command 'telnet host'

etc.  I realise your argument is about a 'standard' command line
for such a program - well, the above will do that.  I'm not
sure why the name and commands have to be so long though :)

Usually these scripts do other things too, like export the X display
and authentication to the remote machine.  And this can be a bit tricky
as some machines have different "remote" command (which is what the
'rxterm' scripts usually try to hide).

--
     ///   `... thinking is an exercise to which all too few brains
    ///     are accustomed.' - First Lensman, E.E. `Doc' Smith