Re: Telnet app

On Fri, 15 May 1998, Michael Zucchi wrote:

> Ok, it is supposed to do that (currently).
>
> Hmm, strange.  How are they being invoked?  Perhaps you could try the new
> --command argument from gnome-terminal to see if you can ask
> it to run a specific shell or something.

I managed to get some more. When I run gnome-terminal, I do get it on the
screen, but it dies after a fraction of a second. By doing a C-s on the xterm
that invoked it I can freeze it to see what's on it: everything you would
expect from a gnome-terminal, only in place of a friendy sh-prompt I get:

Could not exec
: no such file or directory

So I'm assuming it has trouble parsing the command to execute, but does the
call with a zero-length string. I tried --command (downloaded today's
gnome-core from CVS and recompiled, BTW) and I get the same no matter what I
tell it to execute.

-- Stephanos Piperoglou -- sp249@cam.ac.uk -------------------
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of `true'.
                         - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
------------------------- http://www.thor.cam.ac.uk/~sp249/ --