Re: panel swallowing fvwm2 pager and other apps?

>     George> yes ... make sure to start xload manually from .xsession
>     George> ... you also have to change the makefile to include
>     George> SWALLOWS ... the pager might work too ...  just know what
>     George> the title of the window is and then add it ...
>
> Is there any reason SWALLOWS isn't default?  I guess it's not quite
> ready yet.

very little testing and general queeze feeling on my part about it and
about two crashes I got from it (mind you I haven't tried it so many
times ...:)

if you test it and it works well I'll just enable it ... I just didn't
have enough time to even verify it works well enough ...

>     George> it doesn't work perfectly and frequently seems to crash
>     George> the panel on some windows (though this seems very
>     George> consistent, so once you swallow the windows you want it
>     George> should work every time) ... I couldn't get my pager to get
>     George> swallowed but your millage may vary
>
> I think that it would be really cool to allow swalling of the pager:
> many people probably feel like me that they are ready to chuck all
> other panels in favour of the GNOME panel.

:) would be nice .... actually that's the window it crashed on me, the
pager .. but I only tried it once ... so ....

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: