Re: panel swallowing fvwm2 pager and other apps?

> Dudes, I am about to chuck my fvwm2 task bar in favour of the GNOME
> panel, but I need to know a couple of things:
>
> 1. Can you swallow things that are not panel applets?  I'm interested
>    in swallowing xload until someone puts the integer marker lines in
>    the GNOME load applet.
>
> 2. Can I swallow fvwm2's pager in the panel?  I guess I could even do
>    without, since I have key bindings, but I'd rather have it in the
>    panel.

yes ... make sure to start xload manually from .xsession ... you also
have to change the makefile to include SWALLOWS ... the pager might work
too ...  just know what the title of the window is and then add it ...

it doesn't work perfectly and frequently seems to crash the panel on
some windows (though this seems very consistent, so once you swallow the
windows you want it should work every time) ... I couldn't get my pager
to get swallowed but your millage may vary

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: