Re: GnomeSelectPaper Widget

Tim P. Gerla wrote:

> On Wed, May 13, 1998 at 11:16:42AM -0500, robert havoc pennington wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 13 May 1998, Dirk Luetjens wrote:
> > >
> > > while writing my small gpstool app I faced the problem of selecting a
> > > paper size. So I started to write a GnomeSelectPaper Widget.
> > >

> > Hey, neat. Perhaps the widget should be part of/include a whole "Page
> > Setup" kind of deal? Stuff like resolution, number of copies, 2-up... I
> > guess that's an entire app... ;-) The word processor, GLUe, etc. could all
> > use this.
> >
> Please don't seperate them though, use tabs. I always have found Windoze's
> seperate Print and Page Setup dialogs annoying, since you had to go through
> two dialogs to check and make sure that your print settings were correct.
> Eew.

I agree.  Add to that the printer-specific dialog and print
preview, and you've got a maze of printer-configuration dialogs &
menu selections to wade through.

Would it be practical to put the printer-specific options on a
third tab?  And does GNOME have a standard implementation of
print preview?

John