GnomeSelectPaper Widget

Hello,

while writing my small gpstool app I faced the problem of selecting a
paper size. So I started to write a GnomeSelectPaper Widget.

The paper sizes are determined based on the libpaper library which comes
with the Debian distribution. I'm not sure if this library is included in
other version as well.

The widget is far from beeing complete. I would like to see in future a
preview window, handling of labels (-> e.g for CD-labels), adding of new
papersizes, different measurement units. The fact, that the libpaper
doesn't support tha all I think about rewriting/extending it. But that
will be somewhere in future.

Somewhere I read that in the open development model one have to release
code as early as possible. The fact that it depends on libpaper makes the
handling a bit difficult. I do know nothing about automake but perhaps it
could be useful if there is a check for libpaper and depending on the
result the widget will be included or not. Any ideas?

One programming question: It is necessary for libpaper to have a
paperinit() function call in the beginning and a paperdone() function at
the end of using it. I though about calling paperinit() in the
gnome_select_paper_init() function and paperdone() in the destroy handler
of the widget.

1.) What happens if one opens two gnome_select_paper widgets?
2.) Who to write the destroy function handler for a widget?
3.) Where should the function calls be placed correctly?
(Sorry, I'm a beginner in writing widgets myself)

So long
Dirk