Re: GNOME & SANE

  Craig> I don't really know if it is a good idea or not to put it in
  Craig> the CVS tree as there is a lot of code there that is not
  Craig> really that relelvant (like the backends).

I tend to agree with Craig.  The frontend(s) would make sense, but I
doubt you'd want all the other "junk".

  Craig> I'm ok about putting it there, but I would like an OK from
  Craig> David first, I already have CVS write access.  The bit of
  Craig> code I have written is tiny comapred to the overall project
  Craig> so we want to keep the SANE people happy.

I don't have any strong opinions at this point.  Best to take it one
step at a time, I think.

  Craig> I'm working on SANE 0.71, which I hope is their latest and
  Craig> greatest.  If not, I'll have to do some ugly merges first.

0.72 has been out for a while and 0.73 is about to come out but I
don't think there is much to worry as by far the most work has
occurred in the backends, not the frontends.

  Craig> The program is in a useful state, I was about to ask David if
  Craig> he wanted a copy of the code to look at, but it may be the
  Craig> case of the more eyes the merrier.

Cool!  Sure, I'm definitely interested in looking at it.

	--david