Problems with Rpm's

Hey I've been trying to keep up with the latest gnome efforts
and I downloaded the 1998050210 rpm's and nothing really worked.
I've been hearing of gnome getting more stable and usable, but
have yet to see it.  does someone know  a different distribution
that was more functional?
These were the errors

--> panel
 [bking@kiwi bin]$ panel
debug: need old_cfg here

** ERROR **: sigsegv caught
--> gtop
 [bking@kiwi bin]$ gtop
Unable to open (null)

Ran well, and I like the detachable CPU toolbar, but when I change
notebook tabs it moves on my screen

--> gtt
** WARNING **: file gtkbin.c: line 203 (gtk_bin_add): "bin->child == NULL"

When applying setting, it crashed with

** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

--> gsu
Didn't work, the password when written didn't show up

--> gxsnmp, gnomecal, gnome-help-browser

** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

--> gcalc
Unable to open (null)

--> gw
Unable to open (null)

when trying to talk to a user

** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

--> girc
when connecting to a non existant server (127.0.0.1)

** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

--> gnomine
gnomine: error in loading shared libraries
: undefined symbol: _gnome_config_set_int

--> gedit
nice...

I hope this helps

Brian King