Re: GNOME & SANE

Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > The SANE scanner software project (http://www.mostang.com/sane/) is
> > currently lacking a person to take care of the GTK-based GUI frontend.
> > The current frontend works reasonably well, but it would be good if
> > there was someone to make sure that it is GNOME-compliant.
>
> I am very interested in making SANE GNOME-compliant.  The best
> approach I can think of is to put the SANE source code on the gnome
> cvs repository so that we can work on it during our free time.

Hello Miguel and the list,
  I already talked to David and have started GNOME'ifying xscanimage, which
is where most of the work is required.  I don't really know if it is a good
idea or not to put it in the CVS tree as there is a lot of code there that
is not really that relelvant (like the backends).

I'm ok about putting it there, but I would like an OK from David first, I
already have CVS write access.  The bit of code I have written is tiny
comapred to the overall project so we want to keep the SANE people happy.

No that I have found the stock_demos, hello-gnome and the hints and tips page
this effort is a lot better than the (original) gncal.

> think?  If you like the idea, could you give me a snapshot of your
> latest sane source code so that we can import it into the cvs?
I'm working on SANE 0.71, which I hope is their latest and greatest.  If not,
I'll have to do some ugly merges first.

The program is in a useful state, I was about to ask David if he wanted a copy
of the code to look at, but it may be the case of the more eyes the
merrier.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ, PGP: AD 8D D8 63 6E BF C3 C7  47 41 B1 A2 1F 46 EC 90
|@work: csmall@scooter.o.i.net,            @play: vk2xlz@vk2xlz.ampr.org|