Re: newbie question

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Matt Wimer wrote:

> How hard is it to box together a developers release of
> gnome?  As a gnome newbie it would be nice for me and

I'd say that the CVS tree _is_ a developers release.  The key thing for
you to do is install those things that need to be in place before step one
of trying to build / devel for gnome. Those include:

guile, umb-scheme, giflib, libpng1.0, libjpeb, libtools, etc. This info is
found on:

		http://www.gnome.org/start/#Getting

If you get gnome from the cvs tree, the README in there gives more detail
as to what you sould obtain first. Once you do this, it's pretty much cake
just to get the latest daily snapshot and; compile the differnt gnome
modules..I wrote a script that does this for me on a daily basis..and for
the most part, it's worked just fine.