Compiling gnome-core-0-13

John R Sheets <dusk@smsi-roman.com> said:
> Hello,
>
> I'm in the process of compiling GNOME for the first time.  I'm
> somewhat new to UNIX, but have been programming for some time.
> Using the FAQ's, I've managed to install GTK+, GTK--, gnome-libs,
> and gnome-objc.  However, I've hit a wall on gnome-core.  While
> compiling in desktop-properties, gcc hits an error looking for
> the Xxf86misc library path (the compiler switch is, as best as I
> can recall, -lXxf86misc).  I think the source file had something
> to do with a mouse.

I'm having tha same problem. Same system, etc., etc. Most annoying.
I had a look at the XFree site but nothing there. Maybe it's a red-hat
thing. Anyway, I was hopin you'd pass on any info you discover about this
and I'll do the same. The investigations continues...

| Being frustrated is disagreeable, but the real disasters in life begin|
| when you get what you want.                                           |