Re: gnome-core/panel patch; other gnome-core stuff

Quoting Josh Sled (jsled@scam.XCF.Berkeley.EDU):
> There needs to be a higher-level way to set MICO_VERS... it was
> a pain in the arse to go through and modify the Makefile in all
> the applet subdirs... why am I punished just because I have mico
> 2.0.6?  Why??? :)

because the panel doesn't work right with 2.0.6 ... as we plan to NOT
use mico, this is not a great concern ... if anybody knows what has
changed and wants to put some autoconf and #ifdefs in the code to make
it work with both please do ... but ... for the meantime please use
2.0.5 for the panel ...

> Plus, my checkout of gnome-core didn't give me the oft-talked
> about fish applet [or netload, for that matter]...  it used
> to, but apparently not anymore. :(

did you update or checkout? ... if you update use the -d opetion to
create new directories ... otherwise it won't add the enw directories

> But, it doesn't matter, since I can't get gnome-core compiled
> anyways because desktop-properties/imlib-misc.c won't compile
> with Imlib 1.3... and the bleeding-edge Imlib from CVS that
> has the included data structure [ImlibInitParams] won't
> compile either...  yet.

just don't compile desktop properties .. I've had some troubles
with imlib myself, but they were all egcs/alpha related ... and
were solved by not using -O2 on some files ...

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: