Re: *any* gnome autoconf/make fixes? (needed for work on GnuCash)

Rob> aclocal: configure.in: 35: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library

This error means that the aclocal program couldn't find the
AM_PATH_GTK macro where it expected to find it.  (You can see where it
expected to find it with `aclocal --print-ac-dir')

The fix here is to put the gtk.m4 file where aclocal expects it.

Rob> ./configure: line 525: syntax error near unexpected token `AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'
Rob> ./configure: line 525: `AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'

This means that for some reason the definition of AM_CONFIG_HEADER was
not seen when autoconf was run.

This definition should be copied into aclocal.m4 by aclocal.  So first
you should make sure that aclocal is generating the correct file.

It's possible that this problem is caused by the aclocal failure
above, but I'm not entirely sure (believe it or not, I don't remember
if aclocal generates an aclocal.m4 on failure, and I'm too lazy to
look right now).

Tom