Re: Internationalization

Claudemir> I've readed the ABOUT-NLS, but it doesn't mention anything
Claudemir> about editing texts in other languages, and a thing that is
Claudemir> missing is a way to type using dead-keys and not only
Claudemir> compose-keys.

ABOUT-NLS really talks about the mechanics of dealing with
translations and getting them into distributions.  Gnome is going to
use the same translation infrastructure (translation teams, mailing
lists, ftp drops, etc) as the rest of GNU.  I don't know if we've
really started yet, though.

Claudemir> Will be great if gnome or gtk support the dead-keys
Claudemir> configured on X11.

I imagine this is a Gtk issue more than a Gnome issue.  I don't know
what is involved, or whether it has been addressed.  Try asking on the
Gtk list.

Tom