Re: Internationalization

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Maybe you could read the ABOUT-NLS file coming with GNU gettext first
> > (Miguel, this isn't distributed with Gnome?).
>
> Yes, every gnome package ships the ABOUT-NLS file.

I've readed the ABOUT-NLS, but it doesn't mention anything about editing
texts in other languages, and a thing that is missing is a way to type
using dead-keys and not only compose-keys.

Is very dificult to type in Portuguese using compose-keys, the old and
well known windows way of typing text (dead-keys) is very good. Many
other languages have accented characters, but I think that only
portuguese have 'a lot' of it.

Will be great if gnome or gtk support the dead-keys configured on X11.

Best regards,
--
Claudemir Todo Bom <allgood@conection.com.br>
                   <http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/8459>